- Company name:
- Johnson Controls
- job title:
- Category Manager
- functional area:
- General Management
Your main duties:
- Responsible for analyzing primary consumer and market research.
- Work with key account teams to assess customer’s category performance. Uses customer’s defined process if available or JCI process as default.
- Assessment of category, market, & consumer in relation to one another.
- Use primary and secondary market research and company resources including marketing, Category Management, engineering and manufacturing to write reports on consumer preferences, profiles and trends addressing issues relative to customers.
- Develop observations, potential actions, and define & develop retail strategies to reach or exceed customer goals
- Present and gain approval on defined strategies as well as execute strategies and track performance
- Provide marketing counsel and strategic direction relating to key account(s) assigned
- Responsible for forming and maintaining customer partnerships at multiple levels in the organization (i.e. purchasing, operations, marketing, etc.)
- Support customer in category management, marketing communications, merchandising, packaging, product development, project management and public relations
- Solely responsible for the maintaining and accuracy of the account POS data in the data warehouse
- Utilization of resources ? effectively plans and manages resources to maximize results.
- Successfully completed academic studies of business administration/Marketing or equivalent, Master is a plus
- Profound experience in category management
- Extremely detail orientated as well as excellent software skills
- Strong presentation skills and problem solving skills
- Communication strengths, assertiveness and excellent detail and result orientation
- Very good knowledge of English, spoken and written, further languages appreciated.