- Company name:
- SAP Ireland
- job title:
- Support Associate For Cloud Technologies
- application deadline:
- 01 July 2012
If you apply for this job we'll match your application directly with the company's offer. You will receive feedback from us via email and can see your current status for this application after logging in.
As the world's leading provider of business software, SAP (www.sap.com) delivers products and services that help accelerate business innovation for our customers. We believe that doing so will unleash growth and create significant new value ? for our customers, SAP, and ultimately, entire industries and the economy at large. Today, customers in more than 120 countries run SAP applications ? from distinct solutions addressing the needs of small businesses and midsize companies to suite offerings for global organizations.
Do you demand the best from your professional career? Are you inspired by excellence? At SAP, you will have the power to make a real impact. As the global market leader for business software, SAP helps companies and organizations in more than 25 industries to run better (www.saprunbetter.com).
In Ireland, SAP has offices in Dublin and Galway and employs over 1,200 people in 35 different lines of business. At SAP, we value the unique qualities that each employee brings to our company.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Cloud Support provides support to all of SAPs OnDemand solutions like our flagship OnDemand suite SAP Business ByDesign as well as SAP Sourcing OnDemand, SAP Sales OnDemand, SAP StreamWork and many more.
Our main focus is supporting our customer’s use of SAPs OnDemand solutions, as well as the solutions themselves ? we do not engage actively in any system administration, management or delivery of tasks.
In a Direct Support capacity, you will be responsible for pre-analysis of incoming customer problems and providing solutions for known issues, which are reported online through our Service Backbone and/or in direct contact with the customer.
As Direct Support also owns the local language interface to customers, one major part of the role involves translation and interpretation tasks.
This role will often involve liaising with other teams and departments (such as Expert Support, SAP Hosting, Development etc.). Using own initiative, team work, knowledge databases, problem simulation, documentation and working remotely on customer systems, we resolve issues while achieving excellent customer satisfaction.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Supporting customers using SAP’s OnDemand product portfolio.
- Providing local language interface to German customers.
- Inbound and outbound calls to/from German customers.
- Possibility of service provision to customers from other countries in English.
- Translating Incidents from German to English and vice versa.
- Interpreting between non-German speaking colleagues and German customers where necessary.
- analyse and resolve customer incidents using knowledge databases and/or verifying customising entries or hardware parameters.
- Performing various monitoring tasks (IPS - Incident Progress Screening).
- Reporting complex/undocumented errors to next support/development levels.
- Provide assistance to customers on how-to, procedural issues and queries.
- Share knowledge with the team.
- Maintain Knowledge Database.
- Engage in shift-work as scheduled.
- The ideal candidate will have a degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or related academic discipline. Similar work experience will be considered.
- Familiarity with and affinity for general IT concepts.
- Proficiency in using standard desktop applications ? e-Mail, MS-Office, browser usage etc.
- Familiarity with general business terms, processes and Global businesses.
- Native speaker of another EU language other than English.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent research skills ? drive to search for information from various sources.
- Strong team player with the ability to be accessible and responsive; be prepared to team-up and share information, innovative ideas, knowledge and experience.
- Experience with online communications.
- Good attention to detail ? must be able to plan and complete work quickly, with accuracy in work and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well in a highly matrix oriented organization.
To meet the challenging requirements, you should be a quick learner with strong problem solving/analytical skills.
Through our SAP Support internal training program and ?on-the-job training?, you’ll get the ideal preparation and knowledge you need for a successful start and integration into our team.
- Previous Technical Customer Service/Support experience is preferred.
- Any one object oriented programming language (Java, C++, ABAP/4 etc.).
- HTTP/HTTPS protocols as well as XML.
- RDBMS database concepts.
- Operating systems, networking concepts.
Desired knowledge/familiarity of:
SAP’s DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation. SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.