- Company name:
- job title:
- Instrumentation and control system engineer-junior
- functional area:
The applicant will be in charge of the design of new I&C systems specifically for Nuclear Power Plants. The technology of these I&C systems can be either the proprietary Rolls-Royce Civil
Nuclear safety I&C platform for safety systems or industrial automation for other systems.
The I&C system engineering involves a wide range of activities and technologies, including :
- Design, qualification and licensing of distributed system architecture - specifications of system, functions and software - mechanical and electrical design - system validation in factory and on site,
- Digital acquisition and signal processing, embedded software, electronics, communication networks, tools for simulation and validation, software tools for Man Machine Interface,
- Use of international standards.
The I&C System Design Engineer is the main technical actor between the customer and the Rolls-Royce Civil Nuclear specialists in charge of designing the equipment hardware and software.
He understands the customer’s needs and translates them into System Specifications.
With the support of experienced engineers, he will be involved :
- in French or international projects from the technical offer according to the customer requirements, up to the on-site commissioning tests,
- in Research and Development projects to continuously improve our technology.
The guiding principle is the quality of the design, substantiated by a strong methodology.
-Comfortable with team working
-Able to develop a system level view.